Supporting Educators, Researchers, and Change Leaders to Advance EQ & SEL
Part of Six Seconds’ nonprofit mission is to help all people in the world gain the benefits of emotional intelligence. To support an evidence-based approach, we are pleased to offer grant opportunities for the use of our tools to assist in practical and academic research.
We evaluate grant requests based on the following criteria:
Social value: To what extent will the project create positive change in the world?
Awareness value: To what extent will this project help spread awareness of the importance of emotional intelligence and social emotional learning?
Research value: To what extent will this project advance Six Seconds’ scientific research goals?
Support: To what extent is this project supported by others (e.g., school or institution) to increase the likelihood of project effectiveness?
Need: How extensive are the project’s needs, and to what degree are we capable of meeting these needs?
Grants may include some of these components:
- Credits for using the SEI, the SEI-YV, SEI360, OVS, EVS, TVS, LVS assessments.
- Consulting to support effective implementation.
- Statistical analysis.
- In certain cases, we will consider discounts for our certification courses.
We only give grants to projects where the researcher is committed to sharing the results of the research. A condition for receiving a grant is a firm promise to provide regular updates on the project, and to write an article for submission to 6seconds.org with your findings. Do not apply if you are not going to make this commitment.
Our usual policy is to offer grants for use of the assessments, and sometimes partial discount for certification training and/or mentoring. Depending on the project needs, grantees will usually need to pay for the cost of any group reports and any out-of-pocket costs for Six Seconds to support the project. Please contact Susan Stillman (see below) for any questions. Thanks.
To apply for a grant, please fill in this application form.
The application form will ask:
1. Project summary including the goal, who will be included, etc.
2. Study design (if for a research project) including hypothesis, intervention, etc.
3. Need – ie, what are you requesting (number of assessments, number of people needing certification, etc. Will you be paying for part of the cost or are you only able to do this project if all this need is met by Six Seconds?)
4. Background including bullet point answers to the criteria above.
We will evaluate grant requests monthly. Upon submitting a request you will receive confirmation that we have received your application.
As part of our grant process we expect that you will share a description of your research for our website when the grant is offered plus a final article or White Paper when completed. We also encourage you to present your findings at one of our Peer to Peer conferences or use another means to share your research process with the Six Seconds community.